For Giving Tuesday, we are seeking your help to bridge the digital divide among low-income students who lack reliable access to a computer and the internet.
Close the Gap Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit based in San Francisco. In 2020, we've awarded over $10,000 in scholarships and school supplies, including 4 Chromebooks.
>> Donate today <<
We're 100% volunteer-run, meaning your donation goes further in supporting our students. All donations are tax-deductible.
- $10: Bridge the digital divide for the summer
- $20: Bridge the digital divide for a quarter
- $50: Bridge the digital divide for a semester
Through your donation, we will equip a low-income student with a Chromebook (with internet access) free-of-costs to help them do summer courses, apply to internships, apply to scholarships, and find mentors.
Help us bridge the digital divide by sharing our GoFundMe campaign on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and social media!
Our 2020 Impact Report
“[Close the Gap] has cracked the code in helping first-generation and low-income students self actualize during the COVID-19 pandemic.” – Thrive Global
Despite an unprecedented programming year caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we awarded over $10,000 to 25 deserving low-income students through scholarships, school supplies, and Chromebooks.
Here is some top-line impact:
- 🎓 $8,500 awarded in academic scholarships
- 💻 $4,000 awarded in Chromebooks
- 🍎 100% of our students qualify for free/reduced school lunch
- 📰 Featured on Thrive Global and Forbes
- 🌱 Created 150+ COVID-19 Resources for All Fifty States
Board of Advisors Nominations!
Close the Gap is officially establishing our first national board of advisors to help influence and guide our upcoming Programming Year.
Our nomination committee is currently seeking for nominations from current counselors, assistant principals, principals, and educators (hello AVID teachers!) who are currently working with high school students from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
How you'll be closing the gap with us:
- Turn your practitioner's experience into national and at-scale impact by influencing our programming and budget ($10,000+)
- Assist the selection of our COVID-19 Resiliency Grants and Growth-Mindset Scholarships, including Chromebook recipients
- Meet once a month with Close the Gap Foundation's Board of Directors and leadership team to guide and advise
- Participate in professional development workshops taught by veteran Silicon Valley facilitators and directors/VPs (think public speaking and personal branding)
Know someone who may be an amazing fit? Nominate them by December 15, 2020. >> Nominate a peer <<
>> Nominate yourself <<