Close the Gap is officially establishing our first national board of advisors to help influence and guide our upcoming 2021-22 Programming Year.
Our nomination committee is currently seeking for nominations from current counselors, assistant principals, principals, and educators (hello AVID teachers!) who are currently working with high school students from low socioeconomic backgrounds.
>> Apply <<
Due: January 29, 2021
“[Close the Gap] has cracked the code in helping first-generation and low-income students self actualize during the COVID-19 pandemic.” – Thrive Global
How you'll be closing the gap as a board advisor
- Turn your practitioner's experience into national and at-scale impact by influencing our programming and budget ($10,000+)
- Assist the selection of our COVID-19 Resiliency Grants and Growth-Mindset Scholarships, including Chromebook recipients
- Meet once a month with Close the Gap Foundation's Board of Directors and leadership team to guide and advise
- Participate in professional development workshops taught by veteran Silicon Valley facilitators and directors/VPs (think public speaking and personal branding)
- A six month appointment with possibility for renewal
- Provide occasional responses or written feedback over email
- Attendance of monthly Zoom calls with our leadership team (~2 hours/month)
- Occasional 1on1's with our Executive Director (~30 minutes once every few months)
- All in all, you can expect the commitment to be three hours maximum, inclusive of meeting time
Nominate an educator
Know someone who may be an amazing fit? Share this blog with them.
>> Apply <<
Apply by: January 29, 2021
Who we are
Close the Gap is a 501(c) non-profit based in San Francisco, California. We believe every student deserves the opportunity to succeed in life and reach their fullest potential regardless of their socioeconomic upbringing.
Here are some top-line impact from 2020 alone:
- 🎓 $8,500 awarded in academic scholarships
- 💻 $4,000 awarded in Chromebooks
- 🍎 100% of our students qualify for free/reduced school lunch
- 📰 Featured on Thrive Global and Forbes
- 🌱 Created 150+ COVID-19 Resources for All Fifty States